2018 Big Bass Blowout A Huge Success!
“The third annual Big Bass Blowout (B3) event was a resounding success. With bitter northeast winds and sudden increases in water levels, this event showcased Massena’s incredible bass fishing and demonstrated that no matter what the adversity, on any given day, anglers can catch trophy bass in the waters around Massena. Each year this event has seen a 50% increase in participants and is becoming a “must fish” stop on the Northeast tournament trail. This year, sixty-six (66) fishermen pitched their skills against the mighty St. Lawrence, and twenty-two (22) different anglers won prizes that totaled $11,000. Massena residents Eric and Benjamin Gladding received top honors for the two-day lunker award of $5,000.
B3 proves again that people will come to Massena to discover its World Class Fishing. I am thrilled that the B3 has become what it is. It not only stands for the incredible fishing in the waters that surround Massena, but also for the exciting direction that the town has taken to use fishing as a way to bring people and economic prosperity to our area. ” – Don Meisner
Big Bass Blowout (B3) highlights include :
* 3rd Annual Big Bass Blowout grows to 33 teams.
* Saturday 9AM winner team Ben Nightingale and JP Gagner fish weighed 5.09 pounds
* Saturday 10AM winner team Mike Bean and Marc Peccolo fish weighed 4.03 pounds
* Saturday 11AM winner team Chris Henry and Jim Morrell fished weighed 5.22 pounds
* Saturday 12PM winner team Mike Bean and Marc Peccolo fished weighed 5.88 pounds
* Saturday 1PM winner team Eric Tessmer and Ed Moore fished weighed 5.45 pounds
* Saturday 2PM winner team Kevin Brockner and Peter Knight fished weighed 5.14 pounds
* Sunday 9AM winner winners team Nolan Leger and Mike Leger fish weighed 5.37 pounds
* Sunday 10AM winners team Dean Meeks and Peggy McDermott fished weighed 4.31 pounds
* Sunday 11AM winners team Joshua Larche and Fred Morell fish weighed 5.22 pounds
* Sunday 12PM winners team Dale Goodrow and Robert Koneful fish weighed 4.75 pounds
Sunday 1PM winners team Paul Spaulding and Ryan Spaulding fish weighed 436 pounds
Sunday 2PM winners team Eric Gladding and Benjamin Gladding fish weighed 4.94 pounds
Local Massena team wins Grand prize of $5,000.00. Eric Gladding and his son Benjamin won with a two day total weight of 10.32. They weighed in a fish on Saturday that weighed 5.38 pounds and a fish on Sunday that weighed in at 4.94.
Teams traveled from many different towns here is a few
Lyon Mountain,NY Alex Bay, NY Ausable Forks,NY North Bangor,NY
Gouverneur,NY Lisbon, NY Clayton, NY Oswego,NY
Chesterville,Ontario Cornwall,Ontario Pierrefonds,Quebec Stittbille,Ontario
Canton,NY Beaver Falls,NY Ogdensburg,NY Parishville, NY
Like to thank this year’s sponsors :
Spankys, Econo Lodge, Quality Inn, St Lawrence Centre Mall, Via Main, A Cappione Inc.
An Italian Affair, Ranger Boats, Chaumont Bay Marina, Alex Ice, Subway, Blue Spruce Motel, Blevins Seaway Motors